The turmeric and ginger drink can be a supplement to the diet, but never a treatment to lose weight. Remember that it is the sum of good habits that brings true results, not just the consumption of a specific drink or food.
The turmeric and ginger drink is one of the newest mixtures to supplement the diet and, specifically, one that is aimed at weight loss. It is easily prepared at home and, in case you don’t want to use just two ingredients, it supports some fruits and vegetables.
As a result, we get a hydrating drink, which can help stimulate urination and thus contribute to the expulsion of retained fluids that cause inflammation and discomfort (which make us feel heavier than we really are).
Why speed up the metabolism to lose weight?
Although it is not scientifically proven that this drink, by itself, can accelerate metabolism and help lose weight, there are those who maintain the hypothesis, because they consider that being made with healthy food, it can be beneficial.
It is often said that when the metabolism is too slow, the body has a much harder time burning calories. In these cases, we gain weight easily, we are more sensitive to cold and digestion is slower… For this reason, many people look for ways to speed up their metabolism.
Generally speaking, by eating a certain way, but with the same effort, the body could burn more calories. This will represent further weight loss.
Foods that could speed up the metabolism
In the popular sphere and in the various detox and slimming currents in general, it is often said that it is possible to support weight loss through the consumption of certain foods.
For this reason, various investigations have been carried out, in order to find out to what extent certain foods contribute to the burning of calories and weight loss.
Some of the more popular options are:
- Turmeric : spice that works as a natural yellow dye. It is antioxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
- Ginger : exotic, spicy and refreshing spice. It has analgesic, antiemetic and anti-inflammatory properties. According to some studies, ginger can contribute to weight loss in cases of obesity and overweight.
- Ceylon cinnamon : it has antioxidant, vasodilator and anti-inflammatory properties. It must be consumed in moderation, since it is contraindicated in several cases.
- Cayenne pepper : it is a very spicy spice. However, it is often said that it promotes digestion and the burning of calories. Like cinnamon and ginger, it should be consumed with caution, as it has some contraindications.
- Grapefruit : like lemon, it is a citrus fruit that contains a certain amount of vitamin C and antioxidants. For this reason it is considered that it can be purifying, alkalizing and detoxifying.
- Almond : This dried fruit is rich in healthy fat, potassium, calcium, minerals, protein, and fiber.
- Avocado : it is one of the best fruits thanks to its high content of essential fatty acids. It also contains a certain amount of vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber.
- Oatmeal : it is a very nutritious cereal, which helps to generate a feeling of satiety and promotes weight loss when it is included in a balanced diet.
- Beans : contain protein and other nutrients. In addition, beans or beans activate the metabolism and promote intestinal function.
- Coconut oil: although it is a product rich in calories, it is considered to be flattering due to its outstanding lauric acid content.
- Coffee : diuretic, antioxidant and stimulant drink. Various benefits are attributed to it, but it should always be consumed in moderation.
- Green tea : due to its high antioxidant content, it is said to be a very healthy drink that can also be alkalizing.
Turmeric and ginger drink
Although it is not scientifically proven that the turmeric and ginger drink can accelerate the metabolism and lose weight, there are those who are encouraged to prepare it, to enjoy a refreshing drink, out of the ordinary.
If you dare to consume it, you should follow the following recipe. On the other hand, keep in mind that once you have it ready, it is recommended that you consume it in moderation, within an active lifestyle.
- 1 liter of water.
- 2 level teaspoons of turmeric powder (10 g).
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g).
- Powdered ginger (10 g) or a piece of fresh ginger (20 g).
- Bring water to a boil. When boiling, add the turmeric and ginger and turn off the heat. Let the casserole rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- If you are using fresh ginger , you should cook it for 15 minutes and then add the turmeric before turning off the heat.
- When the drink is warm, add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Drink warm. If you let it get too cold, the oil will solidify.
When drinking, it is best to do without sweeteners
It is not recommended that you add sugar or other sweeteners to your turmeric drink, as this can cause you to exceed the daily sugar limit recommended by the World Health Organization.
On the other hand, keep in mind that you should never substitute main meals for drinks like this. Instead, it is best that you consume them as a complement, both to a meal and a snack.
If you have questions about how to eat a balanced diet to lose weight safely, it is best to consult a nutritionist. In addition, it is recommended that you inform yourself well about the consumption of ginger, since this spice has several contraindications.