We have all had irritated skin at some point. And it is that our skin is continuously exposed to aggressive agents. The sun, toxins in the environment and the chemicals in some cosmetics are only a small part of the factors that can cause allergic reactions or irritations.
As a consequence , uncomfortable symptoms such as itching and redness occur, as well as accumulation of dead cells, dryness and other discomforts that affect both health and aesthetics.
There are a wide variety of conventional products to counteract it, but they are sometimes expensive or contain substances that cause unwanted side reactions. Fortunately, there are 100% natural remedies that help calm irritated skin effectively and safely. Take note!
1. Cucumber and rose water remedy
The mixture of cucumber and rose water provides us with a hydrating tonic with firming and anti-inflammatory properties that, after being assimilated into the skin, reduce irritation and itching.
It contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidant compounds, which act on cells to promote their regeneration.
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup of rose water (125 ml)
- Peel the cucumber and pour it into the blender with the rose water.
- Process the ingredients until you get a homogeneous product.
- Spread the treatment on the areas of the skin that you want to soothe, and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and store the remaining mixture in the refrigerator.
- Repeat its use every day until skin health improves.
2. Green tea for irritated skin
The antioxidants contained in green tea are useful to accelerate the recovery of the skin in cases of attacks by the sun or toxins. Its active principles stimulate tissue repair and stop allergic reactions that cause irritation.
- 2 tablespoons of green tea (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Bring a cup of water to a boil and when it comes to a boil, add the tablespoons of green tea.
- Let the drink sit at room temperature, then chill it for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- When it is cold, strain it and proceed to use it.
- Spray the drink on the irritated areas, or apply it with a cotton ball.
- Let it absorb well and remove the excess with a damp cloth.
- Use it every night, until the condition of the skin improves.
3. Banana and honey remedy
A homemade banana and honey mask helps to deeply hydrate sensitive skin, speeding up its recovery in case of burns or allergies. Its essential nutrients revitalize tissues and create a protective layer against the attacks of the sun and bacteria.
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Mash a ripe banana and mix the paste with the tablespoons of honey.
- Spread the treatment on irritated skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and repeat its use 2 or 3 times a week.
4. Aloe vera and coconut milk remedy
An aloe vera and coconut milk moisturizer provides the skin with a boost of antioxidants and fatty acids that help reduce irritation, redness and other common symptoms of allergies.
Its nutrients revitalize dry and dull skin, removing dead cells and leaving a smooth and moisturized texture.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk (45 g)
- Add the aloe vera gel to the blender and mix it with the coconut milk.
- Rub the natural cream on the affected areas and leave it to act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat its use at least 3 times a week.
5. White clay and natural yogurt remedy
White clay combined with natural yogurt provides us with a revitalizing and emollient treatment, ideal for reducing irritation and skin dryness. It contains minerals, fatty acids and antioxidants that work together to repair the aggressions of the skin.
- 3 tablespoons of white clay (30 g)
- 5 tablespoons of natural yogurt (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Pour the white clay into a bowl and mix it with the natural yogurt and honey until you get a creamy paste.
- Rub the remedy on the skin and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat its use 2 times a week.
As you can see, there are several natural remedies to relieve irritated skin without having to spend on expensive treatments. Choose the one that catches your eye the most and use it to keep your skin soft, hydrated and healthy.