Vegetable cream will always be a good option to vary and complement the diet. They are light in calories, allow adding different vegetables to the diet and, in addition, provide many nutrients. Best of all, they are easy to prepare and ideal for the whole family.
Haven’t you learned how to make them yet? Although there are currently several industrial presentations, it is best to prepare them at home with fresh vegetables. So, in the space that we have below we want to share several recipes for you to enjoy.
1. Traditional vegetable cream
The traditional recipe for vegetable cream is one that includes vegetables such as carrots and zucchini. It is an alternative rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and essential minerals, ideal for nourishing the whole family. In addition, it is delicious and can be used to accompany other dishes.
- 2 leeks (60 g)
- 1 carrot
- Pinch of pepper
- Water (1 liter and a half)
- Large zucchini (50 g).
- A vegetable stock cube.
- 1 cup of spinach leaves (100 g).
- 2 cups of evaporated milk (200 mL).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (20 mL).
- Well washed, the leeks are cut into slices and the zucchini and carrots into small squares.
- Then, over low heat, sauté in oil until they begin to brown.
- Add the spinach and the bouillon cube dissolved in litros liters of water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- The evaporated milk is then poured in and crushed until a fine cream is obtained. Season to taste.
- We serve hot or cold, with ham shavings, it can be garnished with diced ham or grated cheese.
- An ideal recipe to lose weight.
2. Vegetable cream with apple
This delicious vegetable cream is made mainly with zucchini, but it also contains potatoes and apple. It is a different option, ideal for warm days.
- 2 potatoes (60 g)
- 2 onions (60 g)
- 1 apple (30 g)
- 12 zucchini (750 g)
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Olive oil to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- First, the onion is cut into brunoise. It is placed over very low heat in the olive oil, with a pinch of salt and a dessert teaspoon of baking soda until it is caramelized. Several minutes later, the onion should be yellowish.
- Meanwhile, the zucchini are peeled and cut into small pieces. They are reserved.
- When the onion is almost caramelized, cut the potato and apple. Not before, to avoid rust.
- Next, add the zucchini to the caramelized onion and sauté for three minutes.
- Five minutes later, about 400 milliliters of water and the potato in pieces are added. They cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Next, the apple is incorporated and everything is cooked for five more minutes. Blend the mixture until you get a smooth cream.
- Serve the cream garnished with sesame seeds and fresh coriander leaves. A glass of Verdejo type white wine is the perfect combination.
3. Tomato, carrot and ginger cream
One of the lowest calorie cream of vegetables recipes is the one made with tomato, carrot and ginger. All these ingredients, without a doubt, will provide a large amount of antioxidants to the body.
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Ginger powder (to taste)
- Peppermint leaves (to taste)
- 6 carrots (120 g)
- 1 kilo of ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of oil (40 mL).
- 4 tablespoons of blueberry jam (50 g)
- First, we wash the tomatoes and chop them into quarters.
- Subsequently, three tablespoons of oil are placed in a large frying pan and the tomatoes are fried, over low heat, so that they release the water.
- The carrots are peeled and chopped. They are added to the pan to simmer in the tomato water.
- Half an hour later the powdered ginger and salt are added. The mixture is crushed and passed through a strainer to remove the remains of the tomato skin and seeds.
- Tomato, carrot and ginger cream is served with a spoonful of blueberry jam in the center. Garnish with mint leaves.
4. Cream of various vegetables and cheese
The special touch of this vegetable cream is the cheese. Adding this ingredient will give you a thicker and more palatable consistency.
- 4 mini cheeses
- Salt to taste
- 2 zucchini (80 g)
- 4 carrots (60 g)
- 2 leeks (60 g)
- 2 potatoes (60 g)
- ½ pumpkin (40 g)
- 1 small broccoli (40 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mineral water (as necessary)
- 2 tablets of concentrated broth
- First, the zucchini are washed, the tips are removed and cut into small pieces. They can be peeled or not, depending on the color you want in the vegetable cream.
- Wash and peel the carrots, potatoes and squash and cut into pieces.
- The broccoli is washed and cut into pieces, discarding the trunk.
- Then, in a deep frying pan, place the oil and sauté the leeks for a few minutes, until they are soft. The zucchini, carrots, potatoes, pumpkin and broccoli are added, stirring so that they do not stick.
- Add water to cover all the ingredients. When it begins to boil, add the broth tablets and salt. If necessary add more water.
- The casserole is removed from the heat. The mini cheeses are added and the salt is rectified.
- With a hand mixer all the ingredients are mixed until obtaining a smooth vegetable cream.
Have you already tried them? As you can see, they are very varied and combine very healthy ingredients. Choose the one that most catches your attention and enjoy it at your lunches and dinners.