Burgers are one of the most popular fast foods in the world, being one of the favorites by all people due to the combination of delicious ingredients that make them quite appetizing.
However, due to the high rate of overweight and obese people, their consumption was discouraged some time ago, since they have many calories and carbohydrates that directly influence the increase in body mass, according to the following scientific study.
Therefore, being aware of the dangers that exist for health by eating this food, many people have already eliminated them from their diets, overcoming the temptation and finding other alternatives. It should be noted that the consumption of hamburgers is associated with an increase in the intake of acrylamide, a toxic product that damages health in the medium term according to scientific literature.
One of those good options that we have found is the preparation of healthy hamburgers based on lentils and quinoa, which have important nutritional properties that are worth taking advantage of. Would you like to learn how to prepare them?
Lentil and quinoa burgers
Both lentils and quinoa have become popular around the world.
Both are a source of fiber, vitamins and minerals that provide the body with important benefits such as:
- More energy.
- Prevention of anemia.
- Decrease in high cholesterol levels.
- Prevention of constipation.
- Control of blood sugar levels.
- Strengthening of the skin, hair and nails.
- Protection of bones.
- Better functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Prevention of degenerative diseases.
- Important contribution of vegetable protein.
- Strengthening the immune system.
Best of all, they are very low calorie foods, which makes them perfect for any diet. In addition, its preparation is quite simple and the result simply exquisite.
- 5 tablespoons of quinoa (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (10 g)
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ medium zucchini
- 1 cup of sprouted lentils (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional) (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar (5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (10 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of chickpea flour (60 g)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder (2.5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley (5 g)
- ½ teaspoon thyme (2.5 g)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander (1.2 g)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (4.3 g)
- First, start by washing the quinoa in a small strainer. Then, pour it into a saucepan, previously heated, with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Next, toast the quinoa, stirring it from time to time so that it does not stick, and leave it for about 4 minutes over medium heat until it begins to brown a little.
- Add a cup and a half of water, turn up the heat and, when it boils, lower it to cook it another 10 minutes until the quinoa is soft and loose.
- While the quinoa is cooking, mix the flax seeds with the water aside and bring them to a boil over medium heat. When it boils, lower the heat and leave it for 8 more minutes, stirring once in a while, until you get a thick mixture with a texture similar to that of an egg white.
- Next, pour the quinoa into a large bowl and mix it with the flax seed gel, lentils, grated zucchini, and the other ingredients, except for the chickpea flour.
- Stir everything very well and gradually incorporate the chickpea flour while the ingredients are mixed. Add the amount that is necessary so that everything is thick (it will depend on the humidity of the dough).
- Next, form the hamburgers the size you want and put them in the freezer for about 2 hours before frying them.
- After the recommended time, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and put the hamburgers without defrosting. Fry them for about 4 or 5 minutes on each side.
Now that you have these delicious lentil and quinoa burgers, you can combine them with the classic ingredients of your choice.
Some of them can be:
- Wholemeal bread.
E l agregarles other ingredients raises its index of calories, so you must be moderate if you’re trying to eat a healthy diet.
To keep in mind!
This recipe is a good way to consume an attractive food in a much healthier way. Avoid frying these burgers to avoid the formation of compounds such as acrylamide. Instead you can cook them on the grill with little oil or even in the oven at a low temperature.