Honey will add a smooth texture and help balance the strong taste of garlic and ginger. Therefore, this mixture is very pleasant to the palate, even when we have discomfort.
There are some common ailments that can be alleviated with homemade preparations. These contribute to relief by helping the person to relax and feel comforted. In a way, it can be said that they are a way to indulge, in the midst of discomfort.
The mixture of garlic, ginger and honey has been used, above all, to relieve discomfort such as sore throat and stomach pain, although it has also been used to help people obtain energy, when they feel fatigued or with general tiredness.
Below we will tell you more about the ingredients in this mixture, how it is prepared and other aspects of interest so that you take them into account.
Why garlic, ginger and honey?
The choice of garlic, ginger and honey can be explained in parts:
- These ingredients are very common in the kitchen, as well as easy to find in any supermarket or food store.
- These three ingredients contain compounds and nutrients that can contribute to health in a variety of ways, when included in a healthy lifestyle, consisting of consistent and stable lifestyle habits.
- Although the 3 ingredients have a strong and very particular flavor separately, when combined in the same mixture, they provide a pleasant flavor.
Garlic, ginger and honey remedy recipe
The following preparation is classified as part of the “grandmother’s remedies” that are often recommended at the popular level to alleviate common ailments. To prepare it, it is recommended to use fresh and quality ingredients, as this will allow you to obtain a pleasant flavor.
- 25 cloves of garlic.
- Ginger root.
- 1 cup of honey, without added sugar (100 g).
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Next, proceed to chop them (in medium pieces, preferably).
- Mash them in the mortar until they form a paste. Reservation.
- Peel a piece of ginger root and grate it. Reservation.
- In a glass bowl, place half of the garlic paste and half of the ginger paste.
- Now add half of the honey.
- Then add the rest of the garlic and ginger.
- Add the honey you have left and voila!
- Store in a dry, dark and cool place.
Alternative remedy recipe for common ailments
- 25 cloves of garlic.
- ½ cup of lemon juice (125 ml).
- ½ cup of ginger juice (125 ml).
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml).
- 1 cup of honey without added sugar (340 g).
- In a bowl, mix half a cup of lemon juice with half a cup of ginger juice.
- To the previous mixture, add 25 peeled and crushed garlic cloves and take it to the blender to process until homogenized.
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar and then the cup of honey.
- To finish, pour the mixture into a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator for at least 5 days before you start consuming it.
- Use only the amount of honey that you think you will need in the next few days. Keep in mind that you should not prepare too much if you are not going to use it later. Try 50 or 100 grams.
- The preparation can be kept in a cool, dark place (as long as it is in a well-sealed glass jar) for approximately 5-7 days.
- In case of experiencing any of the common ailments mentioned (cough, throat irritation, stomach pain or general fatigue) the mixture can be consumed by the teaspoon or, it can be diluted in a glass with warm water.
- If you want to add other ingredients (cinnamon, orange slices or some other citrus fruit), remember to keep it in moderation, so that the mixture is not too overloaded.
- If you add cinnamon or other spices, keep in mind that in some cases these may be contraindicated. Therefore, check with your doctor to see if you can consume them regularly. After all, not all organisms are the same or react in the same way.
- If you are going to consume the garlic, ginger and honey remedy on a daily basis, try to do it in moderation, since being prepared with honey, it will have a high calorie content. Also, try not to consume more than 3 teaspoons a day.
- In case you are going to take this remedy to get more energy to start your day or start your exercise routine, be sure to do it in the morning, after breakfast. Never as a substitute for this.
Grandmother’s remedies can be very useful when it comes to comforting us in case of experiencing any of the common ailments mentioned, but it is essential to use them responsibly and, at the same time, maintain good life habits if we want to truly enjoy wellness.