Don’t you think it’s a great idea to give your children some homemade custard instead of the industrial ones full of additives, preservatives and colorings? Well, these egg-free chocolate custard are a healthy alternative and suitable for egg intolerant.
In addition, you will not have any difficulty making them since, as they do not have an egg, you do not run the risk of them cutting, as can happen with the custard of a lifetime. And, by using cornstarch as a thickener, they are much easier to make. Ideal for inexperienced cooks who want to surprise.
Eggless chocolate custard recipe
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 25 g cornstarch
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 50 g of tablet chocolate
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 3 tablespoons of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 bowl
- Hand rods
- 1 saucepan
- 1 plastic or wooden spoon
- The first thing you have to do is mix the ingredients dry : cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla aroma and cinnamon.
- Add the milk and beat until smooth.
- Put your mixture in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it thickens.
- When it is thick, add the cream and the chocolate cut into small pieces.
- Stir until all the ingredients are integrated.
- Serve in glasses and when it has cooled, put it in the fridge.
Egg-free, express and light chocolate custard recipe
These custards have neither cornstarch nor cream and only 3 tablespoons of cocoa. They are the perfect dessert for all those people who are on a diet and who want to allow themselves a healthy dessert, very quick to make and low in calories. Take note!
- 800 ml of skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa to make low-calorie hot chocolate
- 1 envelope of curd
- 0% calorie sweetener (equivalent to 100 g of sugar)
- 1 saucepan
- A few drinks
- 1 wooden or plastic spoon
- 1 strainer
- First, heat the milk with the sweetener and bring it to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Next, remove from the heat and add the cocoa. Stir well until the cocoa is completely dissolved. If you see that there are lumps, pass the mixture through a strainer.
- Then add the curd and put it back on the fire. When it starts to boil, remove.
- To finish, serve it in glasses and when they are warm, put it in the fridge.
Data of interest
- Difficulty level: easy.
- Completion time: about 30 minutes for both recipes.
- This dessert is very well accompanied with whipped cream, strawberries or cherries and some fresh mint leaves to add color. You can also put some chocolate shavings and sliced almonds.
- You can decorate with a cookie on top, sprinkled with a little cinnamon powder.
- If you want to subtract calories from the custard you can use skim milk and 0% calorie sweetener. Also, you can choose low-fat cocoa, chocolate, and butter.
- These custards can also be the base for the filling of cakes, muffins, as a base for rice pudding and in general for an endless number of different sweets.
- Cover the custard with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, this will prevent it from picking up flavors from the fridge.
Ideas for a very chic custard
If you want to make a very simple dessert that attracts the attention of your guests, we give you a few ideas:
Custard dessert “various colors”
- Choose some crystal glasses.
- First, put a base of dulce de leche and then the chocolate custard.
- Finally, ponle whipped cream and strawberry syrup watered, caramel or chocolate.
- Finally, garnish with a fresh mint leaf and a strawberry or icing.
Custard dessert “various textures”
In this case we are going to play with the textures.
- To start, cut a regular or chocolate sponge cake and put it on the base of the glass.
- Then add the chocolate custard.
- Finally, garnish with whipped cream and a few shavings of chocolate or cinnamon powder.
We hope you enjoy these simple recipes with which you will surprise your guests. In addition, you can carry out our recommendations or decorate them as you like. Go ahead and try them!