According to specialists, between 20 and 30% of primary care consultations are related to classic muscle or joint pain. To reduce pain and discomfort, it is common to be prescribed anti-inflammatories, although there are remedies that act as a natural pain reliever.
Conventional medications must be consumed in the prescribed doses. However, we can never forget that these non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs often have side effects.
Sometimes a natural herbal or root pain reliever can replace the classic ibuprofen at one point. This is another simple way to combat pain through natural remedies.
We invite you to discover it with the following proposal.
Laboratory anti-inflammatory and natural herbal pain reliever
Pain is almost always due to inflammation. These inflammatory processes generate the release of different molecules, which interact with each other. Therefore, what anti-inflammatories do is stop the release of prostaglandins, those substances that cause pain.
- When we take too many anti-inflammatories, like the classic ibuprofen, it is common for us to feel discomfort and pain in the digestive tract.
- If we take them in excess they can cause ulcers or kidney problems.
- On the other hand, drugs are not usually adequately cleared in the liver, what is more, they tend to be stored there and cause problems.
- Likewise, excessive consumption of paracetamol or ibuprofen can cause heart problems and even diabetes, according to several studies.
The benefits of a natural herbal pain reliever
First of all, we must know that a natural herbal pain reliever will not reduce pain as intensely and quickly as a drug.
Its action will be weaker, but at a given moment it can benefit us and, above all, prevent us from resorting to self-medication.
Next, we suggest you combine 3 natural elements with multiple properties. They are as follows:
White willow bark
- You can find this natural product in health food stores. White willow bark is an active ingredient that works chemically in a similar way to aspirin.
- In several studies, white willow bark has been shown to be more effective than aspirin. It is useful for treating migraines, arthritis pain, and back pain.
- Therefore, we will not take it if we are allergic to aspirin.
Curcumin is a component that is present in turmeric. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps us, above all, to reduce the pain associated with arthritis.
- Helps relieve pain and eliminate toxins from the body.
- According to various studies, turmeric can be a natural alternative to ibuprofen to avoid its side effects.
- In addition, curcumin has a high antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial power.
- However, we will not take turmeric if we have kidney problems, or if we have heart problems and have been prescribed blood thinning medications.
On the other hand, ginger is a good natural painkiller that we can use to relieve menstrual pain, headache or joint pain associated with arthritis or even carpal tunnel.
- Ginger essential oils allow us to inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, which, as you already know, promote inflammation and pain.
- It is also important to know that consuming ginger can raise blood pressure or cause heartburn.
Make your natural herbal pain reliever
- White willow bark (5 g)
- Ginger (5 g)
- Turmeric (5 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- A glass jar
- You can find all the ingredients in health food stores or natural stores. To begin, the first thing we will do is get the three products and put them in an airtight glass jar to preserve them.
- We will only have to heat a glass of water and infuse the willow bark, ginger and turmeric. Let it sit on the fire for 20 minutes and then let it rest for another 15.
- Then drink little by little. According to experts, this natural painkiller will have a greater effect if we take it for 10 days in a row.
To conclude, these natural remedies are known for their multiple analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. They can sometimes serve as an alternative to conventional medicine to combat different pains. However, if the discomfort does not stop, do not hesitate to see your doctor.