The meat roll is a recipe highly rich in protein of animal origin and nutrients of all kinds. In addition, it is a dish that provides a lot of energy, which is perfect for keeping us active during the day.
It should be noted that this meat roll is great for those looking for nutritious dishes with good fats that do not raise cholesterol. And because? Because its preparation does not involve fried foods or processed ingredients that can harm health.
So if you are looking for a healthy recipe to gain or maintain your muscle mass and, in turn, a healthy eating plan, this is an excellent option. Take note!
Meat roll, the ‘original’ recipe
Moderate meat consumption plays an important role from a nutritional point of view. According to information in the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN), this food is a source of amino acids, proteins of high biological value, iron, water-soluble vitamins, zinc and magnesium.
Now, although many associate its consumption with health problems. The truth is that you can eat without any problem as long as the portions are respected. Thus, in addition, you can combine it with other ingredients that allow you to obtain delicious dishes such as this meat roll.
- 1 egg (60 g).
- 2 chicken sausages (20 g).
- 2 medium onions (80 g).
- 1 tablespoon and a half of salt (15 g).
- 2 sprigs of chopped coriander (20 g).
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- 2 and a half cups of strips of turkey ham (250 g).
- 4 tablespoons and a half of devilish ham (45 g).
- 3 cups of minced or ground beef (690 g).
- 1 tablespoon and a half of garlic powder (15 g).
- 2 and a half cups of cooked vegetables (250 g).
- Wash and drain the vegetables well. Reserve on a plate.
- Crack the egg and beat it until the yolk and white are completely integrated.
- Season the ground beef. For this you will need to do the following: mix the chopped onions, garlic, salt, coriander and the egg and distribute evenly throughout the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- When you have managed to mix the seasonings and dressings well with the meat, you should spread it on a rectangular sheet of aluminum foil.
- Make sure it is not too thin, so that when you fold it and put it in the oven it does not fall apart.
- Start with the filling of the meat roll. To do this, place the chopped sausage, the cooked vegetable broth and the devil ham in the center of the rectangle.
- Make sure to fill in the ends of the meat rectangle as well.
- Now, proceed to wrap the filling. Fold it with your hands and make sure there are no holes. Everything must be well wrapped.
- Finally, place everything on a refractory tray and bake for 45 minutes. When removing, cut into slices and serve.
Although this recipe uses minced (or ground) beef as the main ingredient, it does not mean that you cannot use other types of meat. Therefore, to prepare different variants of the recipe you can use chicken or turkey, if you prefer. The preparation will be very similar, although the result may be even lighter.
The same happens with pork, turkey, or whatever you have in mind. However, when modifying the original meat roll recipe, you should be aware that the nutritional values will change (although this does not have to be a bad thing).