The Chicken Lo Mein is a typical dish of Chinese cuisine, versatile and tasty. The reason is because it can be prepared with a wide variety of ingredients, including vegetables, pork, and shrimp.
If you are a lover of oriental food, you should not miss this recipe for chicken Lo Mein. Despite having a slightly high level of complexity, the result will be worth it.
We have decided to make it with vegetables, but you can make it with your favorite ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- A package of frozen vegetables
- 1 pound skinless breast
Cut the breast into small strips, about the size of a bite. Proceed to cook the pasta. Remember that the ideal is that you add it to the water when it is bubbling, as this will reduce and optimize the cooking time and prevent the pasta from being too soft. Drain and rinse with cold water and reserve in a container.
In a bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Stir everything until you have a homogeneous liquid.
Put a skillet over medium heat. Then add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté the ginger after finely chopping it. Add the onion and, after two minutes, add the vegetables to the preparation. Stir everything until the vegetables are shiny and reserve them on a plate.
Add another tablespoon of oil and, in the same skillet, sauté the chicken for three minutes. This is long enough for the chicken to turn pink. When it has turned white, put it in a different container than the vegetables.
Put the pan back on the heat, but this time fry the pasta, vegetables and sauce that you had reserved. When you have mixed them, lower the heat a little more and let the sauce lose a little liquid.
Once the sauce has reduced, add the chicken and stir again, let it cook for five minutes and remove your preparation from the heat.
Now, with the help of a spatula or a large spoon, mix everything again, let it cool for two or three minutes and proceed to serve your chicken Lo Mein accompanied by a colorful salad.
- You can use any type of paste, as long as it is thin.
- In this recipe we use chicken and vegetables as the main ingredient, but this can vary a lot. This dish works very well with pork, so you can make combinations, and even mix different types of meat in the same dish.
- Hoisin sauce can be made at home. It is made by mixing very well soy sauce, black bean paste, honey, white vinegar, garlic powder, sesame oil, and black pepper.
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use a bouillon cube diluted in a cup of water.
- Ideally, use fresh vegetables. Keep in mind that you must cook them individually before adding them to the preparation. They can be carrots, beans, peas, paprika, or any other vegetable that goes well with pasta.
- Keep in mind that the broth should be consistent with the main ingredients of your recipe.
- It is recommended to rinse the noodles with cold water to prevent them from continuing to cook.
Enjoy a tasty dish of chicken Lo Mein.