If you love cabbage or Brussels sprouts, or if you have never tried them, with these delicious recipes it will become your favorite dish. A mixture of exquisite flavors and aromas is what you will find in Brussels sprouts with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese.
Here we show you three variants of this recipe, so… Enjoy!
For good gastrointestinal health, eat Brussels sprouts, they will help you thanks to their high fiber content. In addition, they are a very nutritious and rich food. You can not lose this!
Ingredients for 4 people):
- 800 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 2 liters of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 grams of butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 grams of flour
- The juice of a lemon
- The zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of marjoram
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to follow:
- To start, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Next, remove the outermost leaves of the Brussels sprouts with cold water.
- Next, put water with a little salt in a saucepan and cook the cabbages for about 15 minutes.
- After that time – when they are a little tender – , drain without throwing the liquid and place in a container with cold water to stop cooking.
- Then drain again and reserve in a place where they can continue to release water.
- In a pan, melt 10 grams of butter and brown the crushed garlic, add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until it is toasted – 30 seconds – .
- Pour in ¼ cup of the water left over from cooking the cabbages and mix until you get a thick cream.
- Next, add a few drops of juice and remove from the heat.
- Add a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, season and season with half the marjoram.
- Melt the rest of the butter in another pan, sauté the sprouts for 3 minutes.
- Grease a mold and add the cabbages, sprinkle the rest of the marjoram.
- Pour in the previous sauce, spread the other tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- To finish, remove from the heat and, before serving, sprinkle a little lemon zest on top.
Option 2 of this Brussels Sprouts recipe
This second recipe is as rich as the previous one, but the difference is that it has fewer ingredients. Therefore, it could be said that it is the simple or basic version to start enjoying the taste of cabbages if you have never tried them before.
What do you need? (for 4 servings)
- 20 Brussels sprouts
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of butter
- 1 and ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
How do you prepare?
- First, clean the Brussels sprouts well by removing the first two leaves and cutting in half.
- Peel the garlic and mash them with the knife (without crushing them).
- Then, in a skillet, melt the olive oil and butter.
- Add the garlic to brown, stirring with a wooden spoon. Then remove and discard.
- Pour in the sprouts, cover the pan and reduce the heat to a minimum.
- After 15 minutes (when they are tender), serve on plates.
- Finally, season and sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese on each serving.
On this occasion, in addition to the delicious ingredients that you already know from the original recipe, we will add others that will make it a truly exquisite dish. What else is it wearing? Nothing more and nothing less than chestnuts and raisins. If you like sweet and sour foods or you love nuts, you will adore this recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese.
- 500 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 walnuts
- 6 canned chestnuts
- 30 grams of raisins
- 125 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 2 butter spoons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steps to follow:
- In principle, clean the Brussels sprouts well and remove the first two leaves.
- Then, in a saucepan with water and a little salt, cook them over moderate heat until they are tender (you will notice when you prick them with a knife).
- Then strain and reserve.
- While peeling and cutting the garlic cloves very small.
- Peel the walnuts as well and chop them.
- Next, laminate the chestnuts.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese (if you haven’t bought it already grated).
- Then in a pan, place the butter and olive oil, until bubbles form.
- Add the minced garlic, chestnuts and walnuts.
- Add the cabbages (they can be cut in half), the raisins and season to taste.
- Mix for a few minutes so that all the flavors are integrated.
- Lastly, serve on each plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before bringing to the table.