Would you like to learn how to prepare a delicious sponge cake from the United States? This Pastel Angel Lush ( Angel Cake in Spanish) is so called because it is very light and therefore is considered “food for angels.”
Get to know her recipe in this article!
How to prepare Angel Lush cake?
This classic of North American gastronomy is enjoyed more when eaten than when observed.
Of course, because at first glance it does not attract too much attention. But it is a delight! It is very light and low in calories and fat.
Tip: Pay attention when beating the whites, so the dough will be aerated. Do not over mix the whites and the flour to avoid “lowering” them. Let cool 1 hour before unmolding. Having said all this, we are going to explain the recipe.
- 12 egg whites
- 125 grams of flour
- 435 grams of white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- To start, preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Then sift the flour several times and reserve.
- Then beat the whites, salt and cream of tartar with electric stirrers at low speed.
- When it starts to froth, increase the speed and continue beating to form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract little by little.
- When obtaining the meringue, put the flour in 3 times and stir with enveloping and gentle movements.
- Then pour into a mold like for flan (with a hole in the center) without greasing.
- Bake 50 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and dry)
- Remove from the oven and allow 1 hour to pass before unmolding.
Another recipe for Pastel Angel Lush
This recipe is similar but the ingredients are presented in different proportions.
- 10 egg whites
- 225 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 110 grams of pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- First preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until stiff.
- Add the sugar and keep stirring to make it firm and shiny.
- Also, add the vanilla and flour by the spoonful.
- Pour the dough when it is well homogeneous in an ungreased mold.
- Cook 50 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Allow 1 hour to pass before unmolding.
Devil Lush Cake
In contrast to the Angel Lush Cake we have the devil cake.
It is also very popular in North American countries and was invented after angelic.
The 2 main differences between them is that the devil’s cake is made with butter and has chocolate.
Do you want to know how it is prepared?
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of cocoa
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Place the butter at room temperature together with the sugar in a bowl and beat with electric rods until it is fluffy and pale (about 3 minutes).
- Then add the eggs one by one while stirring and integrating.
- In another bowl, mix the sifted flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Reservation
- Then dissolve the cocoa in the water and pour the vanilla essence.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the first preparation and then the liquid cocoa.
- Beat well so that you have a homogeneous cream.
- Turn the oven to 180 ° C and pour the cake into a previously greased and floured mold.
- Cook for about 40 minutes (perform the knife or toothpick test to see if it is done).
- Finally, remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before unmolding.
You can decorate with chocolate chips on top (in the form of shavings).
It can be sprinkled with icing sugar or spread with Nutella or dulce de leche.
A real sin if we are on a diet!
A good idea is to make both the Angel Lush Cake and the Devil Cake and serve a slice of each.
Let diners decide which one they like best! And you … which one do you prefer?