Physical exercise is highly recommended when it comes to relieving the heaviness of the legs, as it promotes circulation and helps us eliminate retained fluids
Circulatory difficulties in the lower body and fluid retention are the main causes of swollen legs. This uncomfortable symptom, which also appears after doing high-impact physical activities, causes walking difficulties. Thus, many times, it can be accompanied by a feeling of heaviness and tingling.
It is a very common ailment in the population, especially among those who are overweight, and its lack of control can significantly reduce the quality of life. The most worrying thing is that, as it is a common problem, it is overlooked by many. Thus, they ignore the care that prevents it from generating other complications.
For this reason, we want to dedicate the space that we have below to 8 simple methods that can be taken into account to promote your relief. Put them into practice!
1. Increase your water intake to soothe your swollen legs
When inflammatory imbalances occur that affect the health of the legs, it is essential to increase the consumption of water to support the lymphatic functions that help control the problem.
This liquid optimizes the elimination of toxins and fluids retained in the tissues, common causes of this symptom.
- Make sure you drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
2. Avoid wearing high heels
Although they seem harmless, high heels have a lot to do with circulatory problems. These can increase tension and swelling in the legs.
These generate more load on the muscles, increase the feeling of fatigue, and sometimes also lead to the appearance of injuries.
- It is important to limit their use as much as possible, and opt for comfortable, flat-soled shoes.
3. Take a cold shower
Cold showers are a simple therapy to reduce the recurrence of swelling in the legs.
This is due to its ability to stimulate circulation from the lower area to the heart, which prevents the formation of pain and varicose veins.
- Try to take cold showers every day, or alternate them with hot water jets.
4. Raise your legs
To relieve pain and swollen legs caused by physical overexertion, a simple exercise is recommended when you get home.
- First, lie down in a comfortable place and raise your legs towards the ceiling.
- Leave them on high for several minutes to promote circulation and muscle relaxation.
5. Practice physical exercise
Exercising every day helps prevent the complications of swollen legs and, incidentally, promotes their relief in less time.
This type of activity allows optimizing the passage of blood through the veins and, in addition, favors the elimination of liquids retained in the tissues.
As if that were not enough, it is an essential habit to maintain a healthy weight, which is key to avoiding this ailment.
- Do a daily exercise routine, for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- It also combines cardiovascular work with exercises focused on strengthening the legs.
6. Get a massage with aloe vera
Applying aloe vera gel on the legs is a natural solution to stimulate circulation and reduce the feeling of swollen legs.
This natural ingredient tones the vessels, reduces lymphatic difficulties and also relaxes contracted muscles.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel and apply it to the legs with a 5-minute massage.
7. Make baths with Epsom salts
Epsom salts have essential minerals that, after being assimilated through the skin, relax the muscles and optimize blood flow.
This calms the swelling in the lower extremities and creates a feeling of rest from symptoms such as pain and stiffness.
- Add the salts to your tub water and then soak your legs for 20 minutes.
8. Eat celery
Including celery in the diet is a natural solution to reduce fluid retention that influences this problem in the legs.
This natural diuretic improves kidney function and helps filter waste from the blood to decrease inflammatory imbalances.
Among other things, its natural assets soothe muscle pain and improve circulation.
- Add raw celery to your salads and smoothies.
- Or you can also consume up to 3 cups of celery infusion a day.
Do your legs feel heavy or sore? Do you notice that your legs are swollen? If so, take into account all the recommendations given and discover that you can relieve it naturally.