Did you know that when you restrict food, your brain can manifest a lack of energy and nutrients through headaches? We need to eat more so that it receives the glucose dose it needs.
Eating healthy, eating 5 meals a day, does not mean not losing weight. We have associated that to lose weight you have to eat fewer calories, that you have to starve. However, today we will discover some symptoms that you need to eat more to lose weight.
Symptoms that you need to eat more
1. You are constantly hungry
One of the first signs that you need to eat more to lose weight is that you are constantly hungry. We remind you that losing weight and starving do not have to go hand in hand.
Do you skip breakfast? Don’t you snack? Are you not eating enough food? Try to eat 5 meals a day. Eat healthy meals that you can eat enough of to make you feel full.
Constant hunger can lead you to peck or gobble the first thing that appears in front of you just because you have a voracious appetite. If you distribute your meals wisely and eat healthy, you will not be tempted and you will not go hungry.
2. You suffer from severe headaches
Another symptom that you need to eat more to lose weight is that you start to suffer from severe headaches.
If this is not associated with any pathology such as migraine, migraine or is related to menstruation, then it may be because you do not eat enough. A deficiency of vitamins and minerals can increase the risk of suffering from discomfort, so a headache can indicate a state of poor nutrition.
- When you limit foods, skip meals, and don’t eat properly because you’re on a restrictive diet, your brain may not get the glucose it needs to function properly.
- At the moment in which the brain does not receive its dose of glucose, it suffers a lack of energy that manifests itself with headaches. The solution is to eat more and properly.
Procrastination could be defined as leaving for tomorrow what we can do today for whatever reasons. When we don’t eat enough, we can feel weaker, weak and unwilling to do anything.
- Normally, when we don’t eat properly and are hungry, we don’t sleep well either.
- Adequate rest makes the difference between a high performing day and a poor performing day. By sleeping poorly, we are more likely to procrastinate and become distracted. To avoid this situation, it may be advisable to introduce melatonin supplements in the diet. According to research published in the journal Neurological Research, consuming 1 or 2 mg of this hormone before going to sleep improves the quality of rest.
If, in addition, we add to this the possible headache that we may suffer, then procrastination is guaranteed. It is very necessary that we eat what is necessary to feel strong and willing to carry our responsibilities up to date.
4. You get irritated by everything
One of the symptoms that many people often qualify as “ I’m hungry “ is becoming irritable. Suddenly, we find ourselves in a constant bad mood. It seems that everything bothers us, everything makes us jump.
- This may be because we are not giving the body what it needs. Thus, we feel uncomfortable by that constant feeling of hunger.
- In addition, our discomfort can increase if we eat what we should not, some bun or some chocolate. This can cause us to blame ourselves.
5. You don’t go to the bathroom regularly
When you don’t go to the bathroom on a regular basis, there is something in your diet that is not suitable. Unless you suffer from chronic constipation, you are most likely not hydrating adequately.
If you are not eating the amount of food that your body needs to have energy and function normally, it is very likely that you are not hydrating either. Let’s not forget that food favors us to drink.
When we do not consume enough water, the intestinal cycle can be affected. In the same way, we must check what nutrients, such as fiber, we are depriving ourselves by eating less. Increasing your fiber intake can be an effective strategy to avoid constipation, even chronic constipation, as stated in a study published in the journal Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
Eat better to lose weight
These are some symptoms that you need to eat more to lose weight because, as we have mentioned, eating less and badly can make us lose weight, but at what cost? Also, let’s think about the rebound effect …
We can remove those extra pounds without causing our well-being to suffer. We do not have to feel upset, or deprive ourselves of eating what we need. Because being on a diet or wanting to lose weight does not mean that we are going to starve.
You simply have to acquire new eating habits, eat more small meals and eat healthier (fruits, vegetables, etc.).