Turmeric is a powerful spice that brings a special touch of flavor to foods and has a long and impressive list of uses and benefits.
Two of the factors that make it known are its high content of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories .
But how good is turmeric? The reality is that it is a great ally for health. This spice is the dried and ground rhizome of a plant in the ginger family.
It has been used for centuries in natural medicine for its health benefits, which are attributed to curcuminoids.
For Dr. Craig Hopp, Assistant Director of the Center for Comprehensive Health of the United States Department of Health, “turmeric is a panacea” for all the studies that have been done and that demonstrate its properties.
Indeed, there are more than 15 thousand documents registered in the National Institute of Health in which the benefits of turmeric are detailed.
It stands out for its properties, among which the following stand out:
- It is very useful for arthritis .
- It gives strength to your brain.
- It is useful for the fight against diabetes and cancer.
What practical uses can I give turmeric?
Turmeric it can be of great benefit just by adding it in small amounts to your diet and complementing it with a healthy lifestyle .
You can take advantage of it in different recipes, such as the following:
1. Infusion of milk and turmeric
If you prefer a different hot drink, turmeric broth is a great alternative.
Instead of milk, the base for this preparation will be the broth of your choice .
- 4 cups of broth (1 liter)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (5 g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger fresh grated (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of cumin, pepper and salt (2 g)
- Add all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over low heat until it boils.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes.
- After the indicated time you can remove from the heat and process, if you prefer a cream.
3. Soothing facial mask
Turmeric can do wonders for your skin, and help reduce acne.
For this reason, preparing a mask with this spice is a great idea if you are dealing with annoying pimples.
If you already have a mask that you really like, you can add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to make it even better. Otherwise, this is a great option for you to try.
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt (40 g)
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of yoghurt with the turmeric and the teaspoon of honey, until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the ingredients in the fridge for a bit.
- Apply the mask to your face and let it work for 5 minutes.
- After the indicated time, wash your face with warm water.
4. Curry powder
Thanks to its magnificent earthy and vibrant flavor, curry has a very good reputation as a base spice for many dishes.
However, one of the most ingenious ways to incorporate it into your kitchen is by making your own homemade curry powder that will add great flavor to many dishes.
- ½ cup of paprika (80 g)
- ¼ cup of cumin (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of powder fennel (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons of mustard powder (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons of ground coriander (30 g)
- ¼ cup of turmeric (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (5 g)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves (2 g)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- If you prefer, give it a run through the food processor.
- Keep it in an airtight container until you need to use it.
5. Brighten your teeth
Perhaps you are thinking that this is a bad idea, especially because of the powerful color that this spice has. However, even if it sounds crazy, the only thing that will be yellow is your toothbrush.
- 1 pinch of turmeric (1 g)
- All you have to do is wet your brush and pass it through a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Brush your teeth as you normally would and, instead of rinsing, let the turmeric act for 3 to 5 minutes before removing.
Then, you just have to rinse the mouth and brush again with your toothpaste and enjoy a whiter and brighter smile.
Take advantage of the excellent benefits of turmeric
In short, turmeric is more than a good ingredient for to cook . Put these 5 uses into practice and work naturally on your inner and outer beauty.
Then tell us the results.