Thanks to the properties of their ingredients, these smoothies favor bowel movements and help us fight constipation in order to avoid the accumulation of toxins
Constipation is a digestive problem. It occurs when the intestine presents alterations in its functioning that prevent evacuations from being carried out optimally. It is one of the most common conditions in today’s population and it is believed that cases will increase due to poor eating habits. Therefore, knowing how to treat constipation is of paramount importance .
Its main symptom is the difficulty to expel stool, although it is also accompanied by gas, inflammation and abdominal pain. Although at first it is not considered a serious problem, it is always necessary to treat it in time to avoid complications or chronic problems.
Luckily, there are naturally-derived ingredients that help restore gut health. On this occasion we propose to combine them in delicious laxative shakes that, ingested moderately, help to alleviate this problem. Don’t stop trying them!
5 homemade smoothies that can help you treat constipation
1. Aloe vera and green apple smoothie to treat constipation
The laxative properties of aloe vera gel combined with the fiber of the green apple are an effective solution against constipation and bloating. Its nutrients feed the microbial flora and restore the rhythm of the intestine for a correct elimination of waste.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (75 g)
- 1 green apple
- ½ cucumber
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First, extract the tablespoons of aloe vera gel and blend them in the blender with the chopped apple and cucumber.
- Add the glass of water and process everything until you get a homogeneous smoothie.
- Finally, consume it without straining, twice a day.
2. Banana and oatmeal smoothie to treat constipation
The dietary fiber provided by both bananas and oats are excellent supports for the digestive processes that are responsible for removing waste. Thanks to its properties, they improve bowel movement and prevent excessive gas formation. In addition, both ingredients protect the stomach lining and decrease the risk of problems such as gastritis.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First, chop the bananas and blend them in the blender along with the oats and the glass of water.
- Make sure you get a smooth drink and drink it fresh.
- Finally, take it on an empty stomach, for at least two weeks.
3. Papaya, apple and flax seed smoothie to treat constipation
The digestive enzymes contained in papaya can be combined with the fiber of the apple and the laxative effect of flax seeds to obtain a natural treatment against constipation. These properties help improve digestive health and, incidentally, increase the level of physical and mental energy.
- 3 slices of papaya
- A green apple
- A tablespoon of flax seeds (10 g)
- A glass of water (200 ml)
- First, cut the papaya and apple slices into several small pieces and take them to the blender glass along with the flax seeds and water.
- Blend everything for a few minutes, until you get a smooth and thick smoothie.
- Finally, consume it 30 minutes before breakfast, for a week at a time.
4. Pineapple, banana and almond milk smoothie to treat constipation
This natural smoothie contains digestive enzymes, fiber, and essential fatty acids that help improve intestinal health. Its nutrients improve the rhythm of the intestine and stimulate the elimination of toxins retained inside.
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- First, cut the pineapple slices into several pieces and mix them in the blender with the ripe banana and the almond milk.
- After obtaining a creamy drink, consume it in the shortest possible time.
- Finally, take it on an empty stomach or during breakfast, at least 3 times a week.
5. Kiwi, spinach and orange smoothie to treat constipation
This delicious smoothie concentrates powerful antioxidants and digestive enzymes that help restore intestinal motility. Its prebiotic compounds feed the microbial flora of the intestine and, incidentally, promote the elimination of waste.
- 3 ripe kiwis
- 6 spinach leaves
- The juice of 5 oranges
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- First, peel and cut the ripe kiwis into several pieces and take them to the blender glass along with the spinach leaves.
- Extract the juice of the five oranges, mix it with the other ingredients and process them at maximum speed until you get a smoothie without lumps.
- If you like, add half a glass of water so it is not too thick.
- Finally, serve it without straining and consume it on an empty stomach.
- Take it 3 times a week.
Are you still suffering from constipation ? Go ahead and try these natural smoothies and discover a natural and effective way to treat constipation