Did you know that plants can be a good option to relieve pain naturally? If you suffer from pain on a regular basis and do not want to depend on drugs, do not miss this post.
As always, we remind you that in this article you will find tips to alleviate symptoms but you should always go to the doctor when you have repetitive pain. No one better than him will be able to evaluate the best way to relieve your discomfort.
Relieve pain naturally
Pain appears when our nerve endings receive a stimulus from the body and, in turn, send a message to the brain that “something is happening”, either by a blow, or by the presence of chemicals that inflame some tissue.
The plants and roots have been used since ancient times to relieve this type of inflammatory processes. For this reason, when you seek to relieve pain in a natural way, the plants that we will present below can be your allies.
The best plants for pain relief
Let’s discover together the best plants to relieve pain naturally:
1. Devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens)
You can find the devil’s claw in specialized natural stores. This plant is widely used to treat joint pain, as well as other inflammatory processes.
- This plant, and especially its root, has a high anti-inflammatory power.
- It is used to reduce joint pain in cases of rheumatism, arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- To reduce pain, you can use it in ointments, alcohol, and even essential oil.
2. The white willow (Salix alba)
White willow leaves are often used to reduce pain, inflammation or fever.
- The reason why white willow is so effective is because in its composition it contains salicylic acid (the classic component of aspirin), which acts by inhibiting prostaglandins and the sensation of pain.
- As with aspirin, white willow has an anticoagulant effect that will help us improve blood circulation and prevent the formation of blood clots.
- You can find white willow in specialty natural stores in tablet form. Remember that you should not take it if you have been prescribed other medications with anticoagulant principles, if you are pregnant, or if you usually have heavy periods.
3. Ginger or quion (Zingiber officinale)
Ginger stands out as a natural alternative to ibuprofen and without its dangerous side effects. This miraculous root is very suitable for reducing menstrual pain, as well as any process related to arthritis and inflammation.
It is curious to know that Arnica Montana was used in ancient times to treat injuries in animals and to reduce pain if they had been hit. Today, this plant is widely used to make effective creams to reduce joint pain.
It is important that you know that this plant cannot be ingested orally by making an infusion, since it is toxic, although in the pharmacy you will find arnica “balls” against pain.
In the form of a cream it can help reduce pain in case of:
- Bumps or bruises
- Discomfort associated with muscle tears
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Blisters or infections (very useful, for example, when we get the typical chafing from new shoes)
- Bruises due to any blow, such as those that children get so often.
In conclusion, these plants to relieve pain naturally can be very useful. However, never forget that pain is a symptom that something is happening in our body, so consult your doctor when the pain is recurrent and you do not know what it is due to.