Although all treatments can give us a satisfactory result, the most important thing is consistency in their application to prevent the skin from drying out and cracking again.
Do you have dry and cracked heels? Luckily, there are several ingredients of natural origin that can be used for the relief of these types of conditions.
On this occasion we want to share the recipes of some homemade creams specially designed to take care of the skin of dry and cracked heels. Learn to make them!
Dry and cracked heels
The feet play an essential role in our life. Every day they start us up from the first moment of the day.
This part of the body is exposed to pollutants in the environment. Therefore, it is not surprising that from one moment to another your skin begins to feel dry, thick and with a series of alterations that are unsightly and painful.
Corns, bunions, and dry, cracked heels are some of the main disorders that can develop. To avoid this we must give them sufficient care and not subject them to inappropriate footwear.
Natural remedies for dry and cracked heels
1. Banana and lemon cream
The combination of banana and lemon is used to make a heel remedy with antibacterial and moisturizing properties. The banana contains vitamins and antioxidants that can help us eliminate those toxins that are damaging our skin.
For its part, lemon is a powerful astringent and antibacterial, according to this study carried out by the University of Benin (Nigeria). Thanks to these properties it protects the skin to prevent possible fungi or infections.
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ lemon
- Mash the ripe banana until you get a puree. Then mix it with the juice of half a lemon.
- To start, spread the cream on your heels and leave it to work for half an hour.
- Afterwards, rinse with lukewarm water and repeat its use a minimum of 3 times a week.
2. Cocoa butter cream and essential oils
Cocoa butter is another good product to end cracked heels. It has a moisturizing action and an important nutritional value that can help repair skin damage thanks to the polyphenols in cocoa, as shown by some studies.
Combined with essential oils, such as coconut oil, with moisturizing and antioxidant properties, its effects can be enhanced for better results. Check it!
- 100 g of cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon of almond or coconut oil (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree essential oil (4.6 g)
- First, heat the cocoa butter in a double boiler. Then, once it melts, add the essential oils.
- Finally, pour it into a container and wait a few hours for it to cool.
- Every night, before going to sleep, rub the cream on your heels with a gentle massage.
- The product will then be absorbed and no rinsing is required.
3. Aloe vera cream and coconut oil
Aloe vera gel is a natural compound rich in nutrients, hydrating and repairing. Thanks to these it is ideal to improve the condition of the skin, in addition to having, according to this study by the New Horizon Dental College and Research Institute (India), antimicrobial properties.
Combining it with the benefits of coconut oil, as shown in various studies, you can make a simple homemade cream with antibacterial and moisturizing properties. With it we can improve dry and cracked heels.
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel (118 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- First, extract the aloe vera gel. Afterward, mix it in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil.
- To start, soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes. Afterwards, dry them well and apply the product with a gentle massage.
- You don’t need to rinse it.
- Use it every day before going to sleep.
4. Aloe vera cream and shea butter
This cream combines the moisturizing and repairing powers of two powerful ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter . The latter is a product rich in nutrients that, as supported by some studies, can help us improve the condition of the skin.
This remedy can help us control that cracking that occurs due to dry heels. However, although it is designed to take care of the beauty of the feet, you can also use it on areas such as knees, elbows, neck and even on the face.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (30 g)
- 100 g of cocoa butter
- 10 drops of calendula essential oil
- To start, extract the aloe vera pulp and beat it very well until you get a liquid juice.
- Also, place the shea butter in a water bath and leave it until it melts.
- Then, when it is liquid, add the almond oil and aloe vera gel. Next, stir so that everything is integrated.
- Finally, add the calendula oil and let it cool.
- You can store it in a dark glass jar and it can last up to a month.
- At night, clean your feet very well and spread the product with a gentle massage.
- Repeat the treatment every day to get good results.
To finish, start applying any of these treatments on your dry and cracked heels. These can help you get soft , healthy and hydrated feet .
However, remember that these creams by themselves will not help us if we do not change certain habits and start to take better care of our feet: we maintain correct hygiene, use appropriate footwear … It may also be advisable to perform a professional pedicure to remove dead skin allow these creams to better penetrate our skin.